Marketing Coordinator at the Specialty Coffee Association
Reports To: Sr. Marketing Manager
Department: Membership and Communications
Job Classification: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Job Type: Full- Time
Location: California USA
The Marketing Coordinator position is a cross-functional support role designed to execute tactical elements of communications, brand marketing, marketing promotions, customer acquisition and strategic partnership projects. The position is also responsible for day-to-day administrative and marketing functions and supports the Sr. Marketing Manager within the Specialty Coffee Association organization. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the comprehensive support and execution of numerous departmental campaigns components and is part of the Marketing & Communications team.
Responsibilities include marketing campaign & daily project management support for the SCA, specifically related to events. Duties may include social media content curation, website management and mobile app development and maintenance, daily administrative and organizational support and involvement in additional department projects as needed.
- Execute campaign plan details for SCA events, as outlined in marketing plans and under the supervision of the Marketing Manager. Elements include but are not limited to social media content curation, website maintenance, app support and advertising support.
- Curate content for social media designed to support event marketing. Work closely with Communications team on scheduling and campaign activation.
- Onsite social media management at select events throughout the year.
- Promote and assist in carrying out the Association’s mission, vision and strategic plan in a manner consistent with the Association’s stated values.
- Provide administrative support as needed, including calendar management to ensure social media campaigns for each event are delivered on time.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Organized, self-directed, self-motivated, detail and deadline oriented.
- Strong eye for quality photography and design.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines.
- Must be a team player and work well in a collaborative environment.
- 2+ years in a marketing administrative capacity, supporting various departmental campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent job experience.
- Experience in the coffee, beverage, or foodservice industries a plus.
- Knowledge of social media management platforms a plus.
- Some travel involved for events, meetings and conferences.
- Proficiency using MS Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite design software.
This is a full-time, forty (40) hours a week position. The expected hours of work have some flexibility, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; and frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or develop and are subject to amendment at any time with or without notice.
The Association provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics; and is committed to comply with all Federal, State, and local laws providing EEO, and all other employment laws and regulations.