Temporary Education Administrative Assistant at the Specialty Coffee Association
Position: Temporary Education Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Education Director
Location: Santa Ana, CA, USA
The Administrative Assistant is temporary position for approximately 6 months. The Assistant is responsible for supporting the administrative processes and procedures of the Coffee Skills Program (CSP). Although this position focuses on US Courses, this individual works in conjunction with colleagues in the UK office and around the world on supporting SCA courses, trainers and events. From time to time, the Administrative assistant will also be asked to help with tasks such as data entry, data audits and other such projects that relate more generally to the work of the Education department.
- Managing the CSP course announcements including updates, cancellations, and resolving course issues with trainers. This work is primarily done in the online Trainer Portal.
- Determining invoice totals per each course and invoicing trainer
- Tracking invoice payment and following up with trainers who have not paid
- Answering learner email inquiries about profile access, missing certificates, certificate downloads, etc.
- Answering learner email inquiries about general education questions, campuses and CSP courses offered
- Managing and organizing CSP exams that get emailed/dropboxed from trainers
- Tracking on a monthly basis total invoice amount and number of certificates earned
- Corresponding with ASTs in relation to courses: creating course, submitting results, processing invoices, certificates, exam questions, etc
- Tracking in company database campus information and AST information
- Tracking exams not passed
- Assisting with revisions to the CSP curriculum and exams
- 2+ years of relevant administrative job experience
- Good working knowledge of programs such as Excel, Airtable, Trello, Teams, Wufoo , Google docs/sheets etc.
- Must be comfortable working in database systems
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage own time effectively
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of SCA and SCA Education programs
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or develop and are subject to amendment at any time with or without notice.
Under the Equality Act 2010, the Association has a workforce that reflects all sections of society and is committed to the principles of fairness, consistency, meritocracy and equality of opportunity. No applicants will be discriminated against regardless of their age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, race, religion or belief and / or sexual orientation.