Communications Coordinator at the Specialty Coffee Association
Position: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Communications Manager
Job Classification: Salary
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Remote (London/Chelmsford, UK)
Travel Frequency: 10%
Date: March 2018
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for sourcing, developing, and coordinating distribution of content through various channels of the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA). Additional responsibilities will include social media engagement and posting of pertinent content, creation of email promotions and newsletters, as well as distribution list management (email & print), daily administrative and organizational support, and involvement in additional department projects as needed.
- Producing content for both print and web, including email and social media platforms, as well as set up and distribution of email campaigns.
- Uploading and formatting digital content for posting to various website platforms.
- Assist the communications department in achieving key metrics in SCA’s annual communications strategy, in concert with overarching association goals and in conjunction with various departments.
- Maintain consistency and positioning with regards to association voice and content focus, and assist with distribution of SCA content across existing platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including a strong working knowledge of grammatical principles and application.
- Strong editing and copywriting skills.
- The ability to communicate on social platforms in a consistent, on-brand voice that follows company policy and procedures.
- 1-2 years of experience managing business social media accounts, email marketing, and copywriting.
- High attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Advanced proficiency using MS Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite software, social media channels, website development platforms, and email marketing tools.
The expected hours of work have some flexibility, but must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and work from the SCA’s Chelmsford office a minimum of 2 days/week (i.e. typically Tuesday/Wednesday).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; and frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or develop and are subject to amendment at any time with or without notice.
Under the Equality Act 2010, the Association has a workforce that reflects all sections of society and is committed to the principles of fairness, consistency, meritocracy and equality of opportunity. No applicants will be discriminated against regardless of their age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, race, religion or belief and / or sexual orientation.
Interested in applying for this position? Email Leigh Duszynski at firstname.lastname@example.org.