Communications Manager at the Specialty Coffee Association
Position: Communications Manager
Reports to: Director of Communications
Job Classification: Salary
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Remote (London/Chelmsford, UK)
Travel Frequency: 30% of Travel Annually
Date: March 2018
The Communications Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of Marketing & Communications plans for the SCA’s Membership Department, Guilds, and Chapters, as well as providing support for other departments within the Operations Center as needed. The position will support the strategic goals of the SCA and convey the SCA's mission to diverse constituencies.
Develop key messaging and produce and schedule newsletters, press releases, editorials, social media, and blog posts, for projects produced by or in support of the SCA’s Membership Department, Guilds, and Chapters.
Work with counterpart in the Marketing Department to develop and oversee the execution of Marketing & Communications plans and report outcomes to project leads.
Manage timelines and schedules for the development/production of all publications required under the marketing/communications plans developed—including content, editing, proofreading, production, promotion, and fulfillment.
Work with translators when necessary to produce resources in multiple languages.
Work with colleagues in the Communications department to align strategies.
Work with SCA Guild leadership to develop and implement communications plans, including online content, website development, social media, and PR.
Work with SCA department leads and various other leadership groups to ensure ongoing integration of volunteer input and association-wide engagement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency using MS Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite software, social media channels, website development platforms, and email marketing tools.
- Organized, self-directed, self-motivated, detail and deadline oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines.
- Must be a team player and work well in a collaborative environment.
- Minimum three years of experience in marketing/communications or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or equivalent job experience.
- Experience in the coffee, beverage, or foodservice industries a plus.
- Competency in one additional language is a plus.
This is a full-time position. The expected hours of work have some flexibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; and frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or develop and are subject to amendment at any time with or without notice.
Under the Equality Act 2010, the Association has a workforce that reflects all sections of society and is committed to the principles of fairness, consistency, meritocracy and equality of opportunity. No applicants will be discriminated against regardless of their age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, race, religion or belief and / or sexual orientation.
Interested in applying for this position? Email Leigh Duszynski at email@example.com.