About the Specialty Coffee Association
For more than a quarter of a century, the SCA has inspired specialty coffee professionals in their quest to learn, grow and collaborate for the betterment of the specialty coffee industry.
We offer our members every opportunity for success through education, training, resources and business services. This focus has enabled the association to grow into the world’s largest coffee trade association, with members representing more than 40 countries and every segment of the specialty coffee industry, from growers to roasters and retailers.
The SCA has also been at the forefront of developing and promoting specialty coffee and is committed to meeting the challenges of a rapidly changing industry by setting and maintaining standards, expanding our professional certification programs, conducting industry-specific research, and providing even more opportunities to connect, exchange, and work together so our industry continues to thrive.
Working on a story? We’d love to talk to you. Get in touch using the form below or email us directly at email@example.com.
- October 16, 2019: SCA Announces First Event of the 2020 Sensory Program: Sensory Summit at UC Davis
- October 15, 2019: Simonelli Group Partners with Coffee Science Foundation (CSF) for new Espresso Research
- October 09, 2019: Coffee Technicians Guild Presents Scholarship Recipients to CTG Summit in Houston, TX
- September 05, 2019: SCA USA Chapter Announces the Dates and Locations for the 2020 U.S. Coffee Championships
- August 28, 2019: SCA and S&D Coffee & Tea Announce Recipients of 2019-2021 LEAD Scholarship Program
- August 15, 2019: SCA Launches Coffee Sustainability Education Program
- August 13, 2019: Coffee Roasters Guild and Diedrich Roasters Offer Scholarships at Retreat in the USA and Camp in France
- July 30, 2019: A Showcase of Specialty Coffee Innovation and Community at HostMilano 2019
- July 01, 2019: Barista Guild to Host Access Event, September 17-18, in San Diego, California
- June 21, 2019: Barista Guild to Host Barista Camp, September 10-14, in Anavissos, Greece
- June 08, 2019: World of Coffee 2019 Closes in Berlin and Four New World Coffee Champions Are Crowned
- June 07, 2019: Announcing the Winners of Best New Product & Design Lab at World of Coffee Berlin
- April 01, 2019: Europe’s Largest Specialty Coffee Trade Show Comes to Berlin (English)
- April 01, 2019: Europe’s Largest Specialty Coffee Trade Show Comes to Berlin (German)
- April 14, 2019: The 2019 Specialty Coffee Expo Ends with Record Breaking Attendance and New World Barista and Brewers Cup Champions
- April 13, 2019: Announcing the Best New Product and Design Lab Winners at the 2019 Specialty Coffee Expo in Boston
Coffee Market Statistics
Reports and surveys currently available from the SCA can be found on our Resources page. Also available on this page are SCA Standards and Protocols. For questions or interview requests, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other SCA Events
The SCA and our trade guilds host small and large events around the globe throughout the year. Find a full list of events here.
SCA Certified Home Brewers
SCA Certified Home Brewers are designed to provide the highest quality standard for brewing specialty coffee at home. Developed by coffee scientists and professional tasters, the SCA Certified Home Brewer mark is the most rigorous brewer certification available. Testing for proper water temperature, brewing time, uniformity of extraction, and other quality attributes is done on-site at UC Davis by engineers in their respected and renown coffee lab.